What is Sumac? – 5 delicious recipes you can make from sumac
Sumac is obtained from varieties of Rhus plant, its fruits are dried and ground. Sumac adds richness to kitchens with its lemon-like sour taste especially in meat and vegetable dishes. It is among the healthiest spices, especially used in Mediterranean cuisine. So what is sumac? What are the benefits of Suma? In which dishes is sumac used? In addition to all these questions, we shared 5 delicious recipes that you can make from sumac.
What is Sumac?
Sumak is a widely used spice of Turkish cuisine. Sumac, used to give sweet and sour taste to dishes and salads, is one of the indispensable spices of Turkish cuisine. Sumac, which is important for health as well as the flavor it adds to the meals, has become indispensable for the tables.
What is Sumac’s benefits?
What are the benefits of Suma?
– The most widely evaluated benefit of suma is being a solution to indigestion and relaxing the stomach.
With this feature, it protects our body against many ailments, from winter diseases such as sumac, flu, cold, to much more serious health problems, and minimizes the risk of inflammation occurring in the body.
– It protects cardiovascular health due to its strong antioxidant effect and prevents heart and vascular diseases such as heart attack, stroke and stroke as much as possible.
– It accelerates metabolism.
– It creates a diuretic effect on the body.
– Sumac, which also supports skin health thanks to its antioxidant properties, helps you to have much brighter, cleaner and brighter skin when consumed regularly.
– Likewise, it creates an anti-aging effect and prevents the appearance of wrinkles early. .
– Make the Regl period more comfortable. layan sumac, especially in this period, reduces the pain and irregularities end.
Which dishes are used in sumac? As you know, you can prepare a salad and enjoy its unique sour taste.
You can include it without hesitation in all the dishes you think are suitable for your taste.
Here are 5 delicious recipes you can make from the sumac we set for you
-1 chopped zucchini
-1 chopped potatoes
-2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
-1 cloves of garlic
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 sprigs of fresh garlic > – Salt
– Black Pepper
– Powder Sumac
– Olive oil
– Pomegranate Sour
– Boil the potatoes and zucchini together until they are soft. Strain and cool the water.
– Add the remaining ingredients, mash them with potato paste, mash them into a serving dish.
– Sprinkle sesame and powder sumac according to your taste. Take olive oil and add pomegranate molasses.
Strawberry sumac smoothie
-1 bowl of chopped strawberries
-1 handful of raspberries
-2 tablespoons of honey
– As much dust as possible
– Blend all ingredients through the blender .
– Mix well with your hand or spoon and soften with oil.
– Then add all the ingredients in order and mix well again.
-1.5 cups of fine bulgur
– 1.5 cups boiling water
-1 tablespoon tomato paste
-1/2 tablespoons pepper paste
-5 sprigs of spring onion
-1/4 bunch of fresh mint
-1/4 bunch of parsley
-1 tomato (with the inside removed)
-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
-1 tablespoon sumac
-1/2 lemon juice
-1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
-1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon of paprika
– Take the large bulgur that you will make in the vamp and pour boiling water over it. Cover it with a stretch film or cloth.
– Put the water in a bowl and pour 2 tablespoons of hot water over it.
– Mix the sauce ingredients in another bowl. Use the water’s waited water.
– Add the sauce to the bulgur mixture and mix well. You can increase the spices according to your taste by looking at the taste.
– Wash the greens nicely, after drying, finely chop and add to the container. Add the tomatoes, chopped tiny.
– Mix all of them with a spatula. Take a sterile plate ready for service.
Bonus: Sumac sour
Put the leaves of sumac plants up to -10 kilos in a large basin. Here you should be careful to use quite sour sumac, otherwise your sauce will be sweet.
– Add enough water to the basin to cover the sumacs and wait. Sumacs will begin to give sour water to water.
– Then strain the sour water into another basin and add water on it again.
– It is necessary to make the sour sum thoroughly sour extract, so you need to repeat this process 2 or 3 times.
– Collect the sour water that you strained at each stage in one place and add flour to settle the residue.
– Soak this glass jar in the sun for a few days, then you can boil it to darken its consistency further.
– Your sourdough is ready! Now you can use this deliciously flavored sauce instead of sour in your meals.
In which dishes does sumac sour use?
You can use sumac sour in all the dishes you actually use the sumac as a spice.
In short, if you like sour, you can use it in many recipes, from soup to stuffed, from juicy food to salads, thanks to this delicious flavor, you can forget the location of pomegranate syrup for a while.